- Greet the guests with a welcoming smile as they arrive.
- Allow the Host to relax in the knowledge that he is in a “safe pair of professional and friendly hands”.
- Direct guests to the drinks/canapes reception.
- Call guests into the Meal.
- Recite Grace before meals, if required.
- Liaise with the caterers and other suppliers.
- Propose the Loyal Toast, if required.
- Introduce the principal speechmakers. Give them advice, if required.
- Be alert and on call, to deal with any problems/emergencies that may arise.
- Endeavour to keep the proceedings running smoothly and on time.
- Wish everyone ‘a safe journey home’ when it is time for them to do so.
We all appreciated your courteous manner and willingness to help even beyond the normal duties of a Toastmaster. Thank you for your excellent services.
Saudi Arabian Ambassador in London.
Your debut in the City for the Lord Mayor of London was an outstanding success.
The Remembrancer for the Lord Mayor of London.
I would just like to say a HUGE thank you from all the Leveraged Finance team for your fantastic job and support last week at the Leveraged Finance Conference held at the
Landmark Hotel London..
Your support and quick response was key in making this event a success and we will always aspire to deliver the best service despite all adversities.
I look forward to working with you going forward.
Susan McGlashon Deutsche Bank London.
The assistance given by you prior to the evening was invaluable, as was your assistance on the evening. The professional and courteous way in which you carried out your duties is to be commended.
Ian Sams – Mayor the Borough of Surrey Heath.
Many thanks for your help with all the arrangements for the bagpiper, all of which worked brilliantly! It was a pleasure to work with you and hopefully we will find occasions to work together again in the future. Best regards Richard Sermon MBE.
Sir Hugh Bidwell ex Lord Mayor of London’s Thanksgiving Service at Grocer’s Hall London 2014.